The Museum of Modern Art, Hayama
This museum is in Hayama City. You can see different types of modern arts at this museum. This museum is located by the ocean. There is a restaurant, so please enjoy dishes made from local fresh seafood and vegetable.
What to see
What to go
Many kinds of exhibition held at different times of the year, so you can pay a visit when your favorite artists' works are displayed. The museum faces the ocean, so I recommend you to go in the summer. The ocean view is great! If you have swimwear, you can even go for a swim.
There is a restaurant called "Orange Bleue." You can enjoy the view of Issiki beach, the casual atmosphere in the restaurant, and the original dishes made from local produce.
- Lunch (Chef’s special)
- Bouillabaisse ＋appetizer (3,600 yen)
- Roasted Today’s fish with seasonable vegetables and Italian sauce + ammuse bouche and a cup of soup (2,100 yen)
- Chicken sauté with spicy sauce (2,600 yen) ＋amuse bouche and a cup of soup (2,600 yen)
- ※ Lunch comes with bread or rice, dessert, a cup of coffee or tea.
- Special Sweet
- Chiffon cake (limited to 20 servings a day) + coffee or tea (1,000 yen)
- There are many other dishes, sweets, and drinks.
There is a gift shop on the site of the museum. You can buy artistic things as a souvenir. Some of them were designed by the limited exhibition’s artist. For example, a picture book (from 2,000 yen), postcard (108 yen), accessories, and so on.
Many people come here on Sunday afternoon, especially from 1:00 to 2:00 pm, because everyone plans to eat lunch after seeing the arts. It is popular with families.
|There are maps, explanations of arts, leaflets, and signs in Japanese and English.|
|Opening hours and Closing day|
|You can come here by bus. Take the Keihin express bus［逗11 or 12］from Bus-stop No.3 in front of JR Zushi station or Bus-stop No.2 from Keihin Shinzushi station. Get off at Sangaoka, The Museum of Modern Art, Hayama.|